LASIK is a quick and minimally invasive refractive surgery. It reshapes the cornea to correct myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. If you want to get rid of your glasses or lenses then you can go for the best eye LASIK surgery. During LASIK surgery, a special type of cutting device is used. It changes the shape of dome-shaped tissue at the front of the cornea to improve vision.
Being among the best eyes doctor in Delhi, I can assure that LASIK surgery is safe. However, there are many factors that affect the success of LASIK eye surgery. So, it is highly suggested to consult the doctor before planning for surgery. LASIK eye surgery is the most preferable eye surgery. LASIK is considered to be safe among all types of surgeries.
1. Quick and safe: Unlike other eye surgeries, LASIK eye surgery is quite safe. Also, the surgery completes within half an hour. But, you have to consult your doctor to check if you are suitable for LASIK surgery or not.
2. Results come quickly: The clear sight is visible very quickly.
3. LASIK patients can notice the difference in their vision within a few hours. All normal activities can be resumed within 48 hours. LASIK patients experience very little pain as compared to other surgery.
The outcome of my patients has been incredible. LASIK has offered an improvised vision. It removes the glasses and lenses permanently. In my patients, the general observation is they have achieved 20/25 vision or better. So, LASIK is a safe option to prefer. More than 8 out of 10 patients no longer need glasses or lenses. However, all surgeries come with a slight risk. The results vary according to the patient’s conditions. There are several factors that affect the outcome of the surgery.
Long term results from LASIK proves to be best if they carefully evaluate their situation before the surgery. You must ensure whether you are a good candidate for LASIK surgery or not. If you wear lenses and want to go for LASIK surgery. Then you must stop wearing them at least a few weeks before the surgery. You can use glasses meanwhile. Because the lenses change the shape of the cornea. Changes in the shape of the cornea can affect the outcome of LASIK surgery.
Before going for the surgery procedure, your doctor will go through your medical and surgical history. They will examine your eyes to evaluate your vision. This will help them decide whether you are suitable for eye surgery or not. The following signs can help to decide whether you are a good candidate:
- If you have any eye infection.
- You experience inflammation or not.
- If your eyes are dry or not.
- Size of pupils.
- If you have high eye pressure.
Your eye doctor will measure your cornea. He will note the shape, contour, thickness, and irregularities. The eye doctor will then evaluate which area of your cornea needs reshaping. So, make sure to book your appointment for an assessment.